I just updated to this one today. Almost had a heart-attack. I upgraded to this one earlier because of the whole Java issue. This update takes a lot longer to upgrade than other upgrades. A long time to boot up like more than 30 minutes to complete the updates.
I’m glad that it all worked.
One additional piece of advice don’t start doing updates on a Monday Asia time. Pearson Premium support isn’t open until Tuesday our time.
PowerSchool 7.9.1 is Now Available!
PowerSchool 7.9.1 is now available for download from PowerSource.
PowerSchool 7.9.1 introduces several product enhancements.
- The positions for entering left and right ear and eye screening data are now reversed to better match medical industry standards.
- You can now define which schools should use Repeated Course Grade Suppression.
- Single day attendance entry is now available in PowerSchool for administrators.
- You can now add policy descriptions to incident codes and sub-codes.
The following issues are now resolved:
- Unable to launch PowerTeacher Gradebook with Java 7 Update 45
- Assignments missing from Scoresheet report and Multi-Section report
- Find Me error on Mobile Web pages
- Formatting issues on Student Course Requests screen
- Incorrect link in School Enrollment Audit
- Incorrect tool tip on Manually Schedule Student screen
- Live side Matrix View ignores period sort order
- Mobile field validation on District > Miscellaneous page
- Mobile pages missing student names
- No records on the Grade Level Entry Certification page
- Quick Lookup sort issue
- Section numbers not displayed in PowerTeacher
- Teachers unable to take attendance in Seating Chart
- Unable to add prerequisites
- Unable to assign IDs and passwords with Internet Explorer
- Unable to sign in when close to maximum concurrent sessions
- Various cosmetic fixes
- Various performance improvements
For detailed information about key items in this release, see the PowerSchool 7.9.1 Release Notes document available on PowerSource.
State Reporting Updates
This release includes the following state reporting updates:
- Arizona State Reporting
- State Reporting Platform
- Tennessee State Reporting
Upcoming Features and Fixes
Learn more about in-progress features and fixes on the PowerSchool Product Status page on PowerSource.
If customers hosting their own instance of PowerSchool would like Pearson to perform the PowerSchool 7.9 update on their behalf, contact the Pearson Technical Solutions Group at[email protected] for information concerning scope, cost and availability of services.