This content is from Douglas Sirkka, Educational Technology Coordinator and PowerSchool Administrator from St. Mary’s International School.
You can download the PowerSchool Export Template File Here: MAPExportMap
Or Copy the code below and make your own:
School Name ^(decode;^([schools]name);<<your school names here>>
Instructor Last Name [teachers]last_name
Instructor Middle Initial
Student First Name [students]first_name
Student Gender [students]gender
Previous Instructor ID
Expression Instructor ID [teachers]teachernumber
Instructor First Name [teachers]first_name
User Name [teachers]Email_addr
Email Address [teachers]Email_addr
Class Name [courses]course_name
Student ID [students]student_number
Student Date Of Birth [students]DOB
Student Grade [students]grade_level
Student Last Name [students]last_name
Previous Student ID
Student Middle Initial
*Where it says ‘Bus_Stop’ that’s where I needed a blank in the file. With the TSV file above you can sort by SEQ field.
MAP Testing CRF Import In PowerSchool
- select the students who you need to create/update on NWEA.
- This will usually be the entire ES, the entire MS, or grades 9 and 10.
- In Group Functions, select Export Using a Template Type of Export: Student Schedules
- Export template: MapsCourseInforExport
- Select Only schedules for the selected… and Submit.
- Save the resulting export file and then open.
- Filter and select courses you want to associate with student profiles.
- Delete Period/Expression column at the end of the file. (this is for sorting/filtering purposes)
- Save as CSV (required)
- Login to NWEA Select Import Profiles
- Select Start New Import Select Combined
- Select the appropriate term.
- Add the Roster File.
- Click Next Check the data (Check student DOB this sometimes gets changed to a number) Reconcile Errors (Beyond scope of theses instructions but pretty straight forward)
- I think there is an error in the Export Template the needs a capital S in Not Specified… RP (Grade_Level 0) needs to be reconciled with K.
- Post the valid records.
Hope this makes your job a little easier.